Concord Township History

William Barber arrived in 1804, then Aaron Tullis and family, from Kentucky, were the first recorded settlers in the township in 1805. Concord Township was organized in 1807.

Concord Township, centrally located within Miami County, Ohio, is crossed by the Great Miami River. The Miami-Erie Canal also crossed the eastern side of the township from north to south through Troy. The township's only city and the seat of county government, Troy was first surveyed in 1807 and contained 87 lots.

Built in 1808 and the original meeting place for the County Court, Troy's first log tavern was operated by Mr. Overfield. That building still stands and is currently operated as Overfield Tavern Museum.